Thursday, August 25, 2011

Rant 1

I love, love, love that we get a 3 day weekend every week in college. Also, I get out on Thursdays by 12:15 so it's almost like having a 4 day weekend. It's awesome being able to handle my schooling early in the day and having the rest of my day to do whatever; I usually sleep. I do need to get more into my school work though, I have two papers due next week that I've yet to begin on and more math labs to complete then I even want to think about right now. I'm not stressing out or anything (yet, surprisingly,) I'm just the definition of procrastination. I'll eventually get to all of it, whether I start it the day it's assigned or wait until 11:50 the night before it's due. I've always been bad about that, but like many other people, I work best under pressure. I'm really enjoying Miss Aiken's class, though she can't even remember my name. Ha, I'll get onto her until she gets it right. Not being mean, just silly. She's very nice though, and she's strict without being mean, she's earned my respect already. Many teachers don't understand that; the meaner you are to your students, the harder it will be to teach them. Controlling a classroom with kindness doesn't make you a lesser instructor, it makes it easier on everyone to communicate, thus making the class more enjoyable itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment